Māori Language Classes
There are many options for those who would like to learn te reo Māori.
Consider these option for your Māori language journey:
- After school classes at your local high school or college
- One of the three wānanga (Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, Te Wānanga o
Awanui-a-Rangi, Te Wānanga o Raukawa).
- Your local polytechnic, university or institute of technology.
- Te Ataarangi is an immersion style of learning using rākau (rods) and
focuses on developing oral fluency in te reo Māori. Contact 0800 ATAARANGI
(0800 282 272).
- There are also many private providers of te reo Māori education such as
Ararau in Gisborne and Cultureflow in Hawkes Bay.
Do you have a Māori language resource that you think should be on this resource website? Please go to our feedback form here and let us know.
Back to top