Te Tumu Whanake: Policy
The essential guide for Māori language policy work is:
- what do we need to know?
- what do we need to do?
- what can we do?
- how can we support?
the Māori language sector to achieve the vision that:
Kia haruru a Aotearoa whānui i tō tātou reo taketake.
The landscape of Aotearoa will resonate with our indigenous language.
The key focus areas for Māori language policy are:
- providing analysis of the available information and current research on the Māori language
- supporting policy decisions that are based on robust evidence
- implementing Government’s Māori Language Strategy 2014
- working with other Government agencies to achieve positive results for the Māori-language sector
- supporting whānau, hapū and iwi to reach their goals for the Māori language
- keeping up to date with national and international language revitalisation developments.